Breaking News

AURIC - Aurangabad Industrial City A Brief Info


AURIC is India’s well- planned and greenfield smart industrial city being developed across an area of 10,000 acres in Maharashtra State, as part of the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC). The multi-billion dollar DMIC is the largest infrastructure and economic development program in the country’s history. Strategically located at Shendra and Bidkin near Aurangabad, an existing urban and industrial hub in the State, AURIC will tap into the huge potential for industrial advancement within the region.

Besides a rail and highway network that connects the new city to major cities in India, AURIC is only 10 minutes away from the Aurangabad International Airport and provides direct flight connections to key hubs at Mumbai and Delhi and other destinations. The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust’s proposed dry port and container terminal at Jalna is only 40 kilometers away.This will give industries at AURIC an easy access to India’s largest sea port of the country – the JNPT.

The AURIC logo has been inspired by the gates of the fortresses at Shivneri and Sinhagad in Maharashtra. Aurangabad is called the ‘city of gates’. It has over 55 gates. The idea of gates has been extended to the new development at AURIC. The logo contains a series of arched golden gates etched against a deep blue backdrop. The gold and blue colour palette signifies opportunity and efficiency.

[post_ads]

The total cost of the project is estimated to be approximately Rs. 1533.45 crore which will be invested by DMIC Trust as equity in the city/node SPV, viz, Aurangabad Industrial Township Limited (AITL).

The trunk infrastructure components are:
  • Road and Utility Services,
  • Rail over bridges (RoBs),
  • Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP) and Solid Waste Management (SWM),
  • District Administrative Building (DAB) for SBIA and
  • Area landscaping for Phase-1 of SBIA are being considered initially for development in Phase-1.
The primary objective of developing the Project Area is to trigger developmental activities in SBIA and attract local and global investments. This Area shall also help in building confidence in the market bringing the effort of the past half-a-decade to fruition. The development of Trunk Infrastructure in Phase-1 of SBIA is proposed to commence in FY 2015-16 and is likely to be completed by FY 2017-18 after all necessary approvals.
A Node/City level SPV has been formed as a joint venture between the Government of India (Gol) and Government of Maharashtra (GoM) under the name 'Aurangabad Industrial Township Limited (AITL)'. The share of GOI through DMIC Trust is 49 percent and the remaining 51 percent is held by GoM through Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC). MIDC has notified 101 sq km of area for industrial development under SBIA. The master plan covers an area of around 84.17 sq. km and the remaining area (approximately 15 percent) is intended for rehabilitation of the Project Affected Population (PAP).

Visit AURIC Official Website : www.auric.city

No comments